Meet the Small Business Lenders
Do you have poor or limited credit history, lack sufficient collateral or equity and/or face other issues that make it difficult to secure a loan?
Then come meet six community-based and alternative lenders as well as representatives from the US Small Business Administration (SBA), whose mission is to provide financing to entrepreneurs who face challenges in raising the funds needed to start of grow their business.
This workshop will help entrepreneurs understand what these lenders look for in potential borrowers, typical loan terms, and the documents needed to apply. The SBA will also review two key financing options, the 7(a) guarantee and 504 loan programs, which have provided billions of dollars in affordable small business financing; while the Excelsior Growth Fund will review its affordable online small business loan product.
In addition to the formal workshop, this event will provide entrepreneurs with the opportunity to meet one-to-one with lenders as well as the SBA to assess which programs would be the best fit for you.
- BOC Capital Corp
- Lower East Side People’s Federal Credit Union
- NYBDC – Excelsior Growth Fund
- TruFund Financial Services
- Washington Heights Inwood Development Corp
- 09:30AM-10:00AM: Registration & meet the lenders (one-to-one sessions)
- 10:00AM-10:10AM: Welcome from Andrew Flamm, Pace Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Director
- 10:10AM-10:30AM: Review of SBA small business programming from Beth Goldberg, SBA District Director
- 10:30AM-11:30AM: Panel of lenders moderated by Beth Goldberg, plus audience Q&A
- 11:30AM-12:00PM: Additional networking & opportunities to meet the lenders
Light breakfast will be served.
What creates two out of three net new American jobs; produces close to half of our nation’s goods and services (nonfarm private GDP); and can be found, coast to coast, in every small town, big city and rural enclave? Read More