Become Our Next Success Story
David Goldsmith built his Urban Classics Auto Repair into such a success that the business outgrew its downtown New York home. After being denied credit by several traditional financial institutions due to inadequate credit, Goldsmith turned to VEDC Tri-State Business Opportunity Fund (TBOF). The $200,000 loan gave Urban Classics working capital, and allowed Goldsmith to upgrade machinery and refinance a previous loan. The loan also meant the creation and retention of 13 jobs in the area. Now, Urban Classics serves the rapidly gentrifying Bedford Stuyvesant and surrounding, communities. Clients such as the United States Secret Service and United States Marshal’s Service know and trust the ASE certified master technician services and helped Urban Classics generate more than $1.82 million in sales in 2014. Goldsmith, who also reinvigorated his business by participating in weekly meeting groups and attending more than 15 management training courses, now tries to help other auto entrepreneurs by contributing regularly the Auto Lab Radio Show and teaching at Bronx Community College.
- New York Branch of the U.S. Small Business Association
- New York Regional Office: Veterans’ Employment and Training Service
- New Jersey Branch of the U.S. Small Business Association
- New Jersey Office: Veterans’ Employment and Training Service
- Connecticut Branch of the U.S. Small Business Association
- Connecticut Regional Office: Veterans’ Employment and Training Service